Monday, June 8, 2009

Card Candy #1: Summer

Taina and I were talking today and decided to start posting some sample cards with tutorials that we make to get your creativity going and to keep the blog moving, too.

Here's the first one I'd like to share. I like to send cards to the girls I work with at church (my Beehives). I usually send one with the holidays, but since Memorial Day isn't really a card holiday, I made cards for summer. I like how well they turned out, plus, I used paper and scraps I already had (hence, they all look a little bit different). I love the colors I used too- totally fun!

(sorry about the busy background- it's my summer tablecloth)
Here's one up close.
How To:
1. I used my Fiskars running water border punch on the orange and green. (a new toy that I first used from one of the ladies in my scrapbook club and then had to run out and purchase.) Some of the cards have more than two strips, some have three, maybe four, I can't remember....
2. Then used another new toy, my Fiskars daisy punch to punch out the flower twice. I layered the flower and put a green sparkly brad in the center (sorry the photo doesn't show the sparkle, but it's pretty, trust me).
3. Attach red paper and green and orange strips to the card.
4. I used a Scenic Route border paper for a lot of the cards, so I had the strips of summer sayings that I trimmed down and attached about an inch from the bottom.
5. Ink and attach flower.
6. Round corners on card and voila!

No comments: